Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

engine bearer

As mentioned in the last blog, I laminated the two ash pieces with the one spruce piece today. This makes the engine bearer support across station 3. Patience....you'll see how it goes together soon!



I also spent some time sanding the first engine bearer to its final finish. I used a hand sander and spindle sander to do the job. I also cut it to length. Below is a picture of the original bearer and the new one.



Here is the bearer tucked into place. I have to laminate the other side yet.



Here's another example of nice people stepping in to help this project. Ron got an e-mail from Kent McMakin the other day. Kent is a well known aircraft restorer in his own right and has a hangar at the antique aircraft mecca known as Brodhead. Kent found a few miscellaneous Jenny parts somewhere and he immediately thought of us. That was nice of him. We appreciate it.



Till next time,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home