Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cable wrapping tool

It happened again today.

I'm so amazed by the generosity of people. Out of the blue, Chet Peek offered me me his wire wrapping tool to use. I was nearly speechless! Sure, I'd love to use it! These tools are so hard to find.

True to his word, the package arrived this morning. Chet, as you remember, has restored a Jenny and a Standard J1.

This tool is a jig that holds the cable on the thimble so you can wrap the wire around the cables. Pretty ingenious. I can't wait to try it out.



I had read about this WWI vintage tool in my 1940 book Brimm and Bogges Aircraft Maintenance for the Airplane Mechanic but never thought I'd ever see one. The book is a great source for "the way they used to do things"

Anyway, I'm indebted to Chet for use of this tool. It will make my life much more pleasant!

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home