Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Station 7,8,9, 10, 11

The rear stations were completed today. Lots of sawdust from bandsawing, sanding and routing. Here's station 8 in the routing table. I used a long triangular block to get the router angle I needed.



Here are the 5 stations in place.



I began work on Station 11 Upper Brace. This piece is the upper attach point for the tail skid.



Using the bandsaw, I cut the lower section out of steel.



The main brace is 3/4 X 3/4 square tubing. I cut that with a 16 degree taper on both ends. These two pieces will be finish filed straight and smooth and then welded together. You'll have to wait until later to see them together. I have to run in to work this evening.

Till then

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home