Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Station 4 & 5

Made the cutouts for Station 4 and 5 today. First, the pattern was rough cut on the band saw and sanded to shape.



Here's how the 1 1/4 in. spar carry through will eventually go.



This gives you a better idea what it looks like.



Another view.



I also started making Station 6 horizontal brace but I ran out of time and had to go to work.



Enjoy

Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Grahame said...

Brian,
Congratulations on your project. I will be following in with interest since having "stumbled" onto it.
Sincerely,
Grahame

5:03 AM  
Blogger Brian Karli said...

Thanks, Grahame. It's been a fun project and I'm glad others out there are enjoying the blog.

Brian

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home