Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Station 4/5 fitting

Finished the last rear vertical pieces at Station 11. I put a temporary brace where the tail skid assembly will mount (until I make it later).



Before moving forward, I need to make two Station 4 fittings. I have two original fittings with the project. Here is one of them. Notice it consists of 4 pieces brazed together.



I started making it tonight. The pieces on the left were water jet cut. I started making the front piece this evening. It is a piece of flat stock bent on three sides. Next blog I'll show more detail of that process.



Until then, enjoy!

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home