Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Station 3

Welded the tabs on Station 3 today and put it in place for a trial fit. So far, so good. Next step is to add the curve in the center to clear the Hisso accessory pad.



I'll post more pictures showing tab detail next time. I still need to drill the tab and clean everything up.



A box showed up today with two more needed instruments! Mike Cilurso sent this period water temperature gauge and oil pressure gauge. Once again, it never ceases to amaze me how many great people I've met through this project. Mike is restoring a 1918 Standard J1 in central Pennsylvania. He has helped me many times in the past. Especially finding vintage instruments!

Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home