Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fuselage planning

Judging by the date on my last post, you probably thought I hadn't done much on the Jenny last week! Well, rest assured. I was not idle.

I've been spending a bunch of time sorting out the fuselage fittings - what I have and what I have to make. I poured through dozens and dozens of drawings and blueprints. Once again, Doc Hood came to my rescue. Whenever I was missing a print, he gladly made me a copy of his.

Much time was spent making drawings to give to the lazer cutting company. Many of the prints were smudged or hard to read, so I re-drew them into a more useable form. I hope the lazer is running as I speak!



Above are some of the fittings I already have. As you can see, I need quite a few more.


Plus, I wanted to take a good inventory of the original parts that came with the project. They're good for patterns, but old, derlect parts are better than no parts at all.
I'll post another blog as soon as the new fitting blanks arrive.
Enjoy
Brian


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home