Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Monday, January 22, 2007

Tail is together at last

The rain stopped long enough today for me to get the tail pieces out into the fresh air and put them all together. Here's most of the family - son Nicholas was playing at a neighbor's house - but everyone else was there.



I just have a few little odds and ends to do yet, then the tail will be completed. I have to spray the new fin wires and make the rudder horns. Here's another shot.



Before all this happened, I finished the coppering on the rudder. Here's an example of the copper pieces that really strengthened the joints.


Also today, I acquired an original engine for my Bucker Jungmann, but that's another story for another day.










Next step is building the missing fuselage fittings and controls.

Enjoy

Brian

1 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

Congrats on getting the tail assembled!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home