Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Minnesota History Museum Jenny

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting a special group of guys in Minnesota who built a Curtiss Jenny replica from scratch! Even though the Jenny was finished, they still get together twice a week and build airplane parts.

I first met Ken Rovie (third from the right) during my search for a Hisso spider plate drawing a few months ago. Since then, Ken and his crew have been an invaluable source of Jenny drawings for me.



Here's a picture of their Jenny hanging in the rotunda of the Minnesota History Center in St. Paul. If you're ever there, check it out. It's worth seeing.



Here's a group shot around their Jenny.





Enjoy

Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Westwind said...

My father, Lyle Landstrom, Sr., helped build this Jenny. Every Saturday he and the old men, mostly retired military would get together and work on this Jenny. For his part, my dad was so enthusiastic that he recruited his two sons myself and Lyle Jr to help expedite getting custom metal parts cast and fabricated, including that engine mount that my dad drew the plans from old photos and I got fabbed. Sadly, my dad experienced a series of strokes before the Jenny was completed but I'm happy to see the Jenny in a place of honor. Eric Landstrom

10:19 PM  
Blogger Brian Karli said...

Hi Eric,

Nice to meet you.

You know, I was really impressed by this group of men when I had the chance to visit them. I'm glad your father was part of it. They truly produced a work of art. Seeing the Jenny hanging in the rotunda was an inspiration to me, too!

Your father can be proud of his work on the Jenny.

Brian

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home