Notice that I left the lower fitting undrilled. When the fin meets the stabilizer and the entire assembly meets the fuselage, (and I'm happy everything lines up) - then I will drill this fitting.
Here's the top of the fin. I decided to make a little change. Normally, the bolt that you see here holds the hinge in place and also a bracket for the bracing wire. When you stretch this wire to the stabilizer, it interferes with the rudder cable when the rudder is fully deflected! Paul Dougherty pointed this out to me when I was visiting his beautiful Jenny restoration this summer. So, I decided to leave the hinge alone, but move the bracket higher. That's the reason for the upper hole. I will put the bracket here as soon as I build it. Come to think of it, the Canuck has a bracket mounted on a post at the top of the fin, so I guess it's all right.
Here's the fitting in the middle of leading edge. As you remember, this was a modification ot the Jenny back in 1918 to strenghten the fin.
And, of course, the front attach bracket in place.
Next step - pulling this stuff off and adding the copper. Stay tuned. Have a good Christmas and Holiday everyone.