Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Sunday, October 22, 2006

fin fitting

Drilled the front fitting yesterday. It's a 3/16 in. hole for an AN3 bolt.



Here's the fitting after bending and prior to brazing.



Now, for the rear attach fitting. I did not have a drawing for this so I just guessed from the picture. I did know one dimention from the stabilizer drawing - the holes for the spoon bolts are 1 1/8 in. from the centerline. Using this information, I cut the pieces out of .060 steel and shaped them on the grinder. According to the Hood fin drawing, the ears are 2 in. high.



Here's the fitting after brazing. It's ready for the bead blaster and paint. The upper fin holes will be drilled later.



Here's the fitting in place.



More later.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home