Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Thursday, September 07, 2006

More coppering

The last two days were spent putting the 10 oz copper on the stabilizer and elevator #1. There nine spots on the stabilizer and 4 places on the elevator that got coppered. Working with the soft brass was nice and easy. Plus it looks cool. I didn't think I would spend so much time here, but the end result was worth it.



Here's the elevator horn temporarily in place.



Here's Graham holding the coppered elevator.



One more elevator to go. But I got sidetracked and started experimenting with the hardwire bending. I have two original Jenny turnbuckles (which need to be cleaned up later) that my friend Bill James gave me. With these, I practiced bending the Number 12 wire on the jig. More on this later. I still have an elevator to copper!


Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home