Tail comes together
Also installed all six hinges. This was fun. I cut the slot with a dremel tool and a narrow cutting bit. This way, I could follow the curve of the hinge (see previous blog in the archives). Still have to glue the top and bottom re-enforcing blocks and drill the hole to hold the hinge in place.
Here's a hinge working as it should.
Alas, the elevators met the stabilizer for the first time. The hinges lined up well and I was pleased.
Interestingly, I had the opportunity to go to the Seattle Museum of Flight while on a Seattle layover. Aside from being a great museum, they had an uncovered Jenny and I had a zoom lens camera. For those of you who are contemplating building a Jenny someday, notice that this one has the trailing edge brackets made out of 10oz. copper. Every Jenny I've seen has been a bit different. So be it. Other Jennies have steel brackets like the way I made them. Hmmm...
More tomorow. Never did get to start on the horns like I promised....