Curtiss Jenny Restoration

Welcome! We hope you enjoy following the restoration process of a 1918 Curtiss JN4D Jenny. Once completed, the aeroplane will be flown and displayed at the Candler Field Museum in Williamson GA (30 miles south of Atlanta). You can contact me below by clicking on "VIEW MY PROFILE"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Elevators

The ferrules have arrived! Here are the #12 size ferrules made by the A.V. Webber Company of North Wales, PA. I was pleased by the quality of the work and they were done before the quoted time. You will see them being used later in the restoration.



All the elevator wire fittings are now completed. I spent the last two days just grinding, filing, sanding, fitting, grinding some more.......in that order. I was not expecting them to take so long, but they did. Here are the three fittings for elevator #2



Another view. There will be two more fittings made for the rudder when the time comes. You can see the patterns I made from the Curtiss drawings.



Also, I had a chance to fit the cross braces on elevator #2. They will be sanded to fit later. Then the metal tabs can be brazed in place.



Enjoy

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home